Sign in to follow this  
MickLite7

4/21 Cards vs Reds Game Discussion

With his two-run 1st inning double last night, Yadier Molina became the Busch Stadium III all-time RBI leader at 357, passing Albert Pujols (356)...other catchers to hold all-time stadium RBI marks include the Reds Johnny Bench (579) at Riverfront Stadium and the Cardinals Ted Simmons (481) at Busch Stadium II...Aramis Ramirez (51) is the Busch Stadium III RBI leader among players who were never Cardinals.

The Cardinals current 9-game win streak against the Reds (9/14/17-present) is their longest against Cincinnati since an 11-game streak 7/3-9/4/49...their all-time win streak against the Reds is an 18-gamer from 7/4/30-5/23/31.

Cardinals Manager Mike Matheny (991) is 9 games shy of becoming only the 4th Cardinals manager (La Russa, Schoendienst, Herzog) to pilot the club in 1,000 or more regular season games.

34 minutes ago, yadonemessedupAAron said:

Why they won't allow the starters to go deeper into ballgames? Martinez could have easily pitched in to the seventh. 

When they do, people complain about that too lol. I dont mind any innings saved now that they can have later in the year.

I don't understand the logic of promoting a hot bat to sit on the bench and cool off. If you aren't going to play him then leave him in Memphis.

3 hours ago, Stoner said:

I don't understand the logic of promoting a hot bat to sit on the bench and cool off. If you aren't going to play him then leave him in Memphis.

He HAS to start tomorrow. When he came in to pinch hit the other day, they should have left him in for Fowler who was 0-3 at the time and went on to go 0-5.